Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Frying Fish



I am well aware that there are bigger fish to fry in this big ole game of life, but I have to share what's on my mind this evening.
I finally found a daytime cold/flu medicine that doesn't make me feel like I need to crawl out of my own skin.

It's been a good 7 years since I've been on my /fun/ daily anxiety medicine. Over the years I've tried various brands of daytime cold/flu remedies, but they would tend to push me over the edge of jitteriness. At some point I gave in and just took the nighttime versions, and used toothpicks to keep my eyes open at work.

My current cold has me feeling more of the flu symptoms and I almost fell asleep at work with my normal plan of attack. No meds left with with a nasty sore throat, so I took my chances with tossing some money at new kind of daytime cold/flu medicine.

To my surprise and utter joy, the medicine helped suppress my symptoms and didn't put me into an overly cloudy haze or a skin crawling jitteriness. It wasn't all powerful... I am still quite cranky. This may be trivial to some, but it's a small victory in my book.

I'm also proud to report that I blew a snot bubble this evening. Please don't ask me to reproduce this feat because it was a complete fluke.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

I wish your reaction boxes at the bottom of your post had a "gross" box. Your last little paragraph deserved the "gross".

Feel better.