Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We Meet Again - Wild Animal Sanctuary

While out in Colorado, Emily and headed out to Keenesburg to say, "Hi!" to my little buddy Casper the coati mundi. Just like 2 years ago, he was in a separate "house" from the viewing walkways. Since I don't have any good pictures of Casper, I thought I'd share several of my other favorites.

One of the most fun things about seeing the big cats is seeing them make similar actions to your small house cat. I name this one, "Ode to Gus".




Here's a pic of the walkway I spoke of. Since my last visit, they finished the mile long extension of the walkway that allows you to overlook the bears, wolves, alpacas, fox, bobcats, and the newest editions of lions and tigers.

It was so exciting to see the bears in action and up close for the first time. These are just a few of my new friends. A couple others were munching on seasonal gourds or wading in the water tub.

I call this one, "Ode to Sparky". I guess you'd have to shrink him down a bit (especially the legs), but it was fun to see him wake up from his nap, stretch and then shake it out.

This shot gives you an idea of the area these animals have to roam. Morris the camel was grabbing some lunch in the alpaca and horse enclosure when he caught the eye of some curious lions.

Here's one of the tiger enclosures where the alpaca/horse area runs across the back and the lion area shown above is off to the right.

And here's a closeup of my "Ode to Jinkies" hanging out on the top of the middle spool stack from the photo above.

Had he been awake, I may have been able to answer the question, What does the fox say?
If you still haven't watched that video, then what are you waiting for? What does the fox say?

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

I like the Ode to Gus photo, but the Ode to Jinkies is probably better.