Monday, January 16, 2012

Disappointment of a Superfan

Below is a portion of the email I received from The Rosie Show Audience Team, and then my response back.

"You are scheduled for the B taping on 1/20 with Kathy Griffin. Unfortunately, in light of production changes, we will be doing an in depth interview with Kathy Griffin with no audience. Rosie and Staff sincerely apologize for the change and would like to reschedule you for a future date."


I understand changes happen, but I was shocked to see this show changed, especially since you specifically requested Kathy Griffin superfans to submit entries to get tickets to the show. Out of all the people you could have attend this show, I can't believe you are disappointing a group of superfans. I was stoked in hopes of Tipping It to a show with fun banter between RO and KG while smiling from ear-to-ear in my Team Griffin shirt and a possible Mag-Let giveaway (instead of the normal Snuggie.) Cap off the show with some fierce competition with Team O'Donnell vs Team Griffin, pop some confetti and it would by my dream come true.

I appreciate the followup phone call to confirm my receipt of the email below and restrained myself from passing along my utter disappointment to the messenger on the other end of the phone. I'm not quite sure if it's bad luck, but out of the 6 shows I received tickets for Rosie in NY & Chicago, 50% had schedule changes.

I wish I could commit to come to another taping in February or March, but this time of year is also difficult with the weather and the 3 hour+ drive up and back I would have to make in one day. Plus, my best superfan friend and road trip buddy is a teacher with kids and husband, and doesn't have the luxury to rearrange her schedule on the drop of dime.

I will keep my eyes open for future contests for superfans. I am a superfan of Rosie, but am hoping to hit the show of a lifetime (as Kathy Griffin would have been) with the likes of someone like Sheryl Crow, Sugarland, or any of my funny ladies like Kathy Griffin, my Hot in Cleveland gals, Ellen, Kristen Johnston and the likes.

If you read this far, I thank you for your time and in true Kathy Griffin fashion, I would like to end with a smile on my face and a quality sign off.
Suck it!
Jane

3 comments:

Amanda Rassi said...

Did they send you all that stuff? If so that was nice. Of course not as nice as going to the show but definitely better than just an "I'm Sorry" message. Hope you are able to go to a Rock Star show soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. Lots of Hugs, Momma

Jane said...

Wish they'd send me something, but no, those are all mine.