Friday, September 16, 2011

Jane's Cold vs. Warrior Dash

I would like to invite my cold to take on the Warrior Dash tomorrow. It's doing a very good job kicking my butt, so maybe it would like to take on the 3.08 hellish miles tomorrow.

Today's mistake was taking Dayquil. I was hoping it would not only help me feel better, but keep me awake. It more or less turned me into a zombie and magnified my body awareness.

What exactly do I mean? I was able to separately focus in on every symptom I had and when my stomach started not feeling well after lunch, I called it quits for the day. While laying in bed trying to nap, I could feel the sensation of my skin doing the wave as each pump of my heart would send blood rushing through my limbs. Yep, pretty messed up.

So a two hour nap has done wonders for me mentally and the Dayquil is out of my system. I'm hoping with some meds, sleep, and adrenaline that I'll be able to compete in the Warrior Dash.

No comments: