Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lazy Sunday? Nah... Outdoor Sunday.

Had a nice walk with Sparky this morning through Springdale. I thought I'd see all the random wildlife I could, but I was surprised to see a crane fly up and out of the prairie grass. Based on photos I've seen on the internet, I'm pretty sure I saw a Sandhill Crane.

This afternoon Tom, Jim, Sparky, and I headed over the Washington disc golf course. I don't think we could have asked for any better of weather. Not too hot, breezy, and partially sunny, so we didn't bake. This small pic is the basic outline of the course.

You can thank Sparky for this overview, I attached my Garmin watch to him. He went 3.02 miles. I'm guessing us humans were somewhere between 1.5 to 2 miles.

Below is a zoomed in portion of Sparky's trails. I had him on the 25-30 leash, so he had ample opportunity to zig-zag his way from disc to disc.Did anything note worthy happen during today's outing, well if you consider my disc getting caught up in a tree and Jim getting down for me?... then, Yes.The Pekin course will be in our near future and I believe is planning on bringing his camera to help capture us taking on the hardest course in the area. My hope, being prepared with a camera will somehow eliminate all the mishaps.

Oh, and I mowed the grass before it starts to rain again.

And if you're curious, yes, Sparky is knocked out!

No comments: