Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Weekend's almost over.

I'm kind of bummed the weekend is almost over and I have to go to work tomorrow. Basically, I want a longer weekend and I want the sun to come out!

Anyway, I gave platelets yesterday. It went about as good as I could have expected. My anxiety level was riding pretty high all week and I questioned whether I'd be able to handle sitting there "trapped" for close to 2 hours. I made sure to ask my tech any questions I had to put my mind at ease and tried to just focus on the movie I was watching. The machine didn't malfunction this time, my iron was a 13.9, I kept my nerves at ease, and I was outta there in about two hours.

I didn't want to chill with the pets, so I went over the parents and hijacked Mom, although I kindly asked if she wouldn't mind driving. I was quite exhausted at that point. We had a very delicious Chinese lunch and then hit Kmart, Big Lots, and then Steak n Shake for a Hershey's Dark Chocolate Shake... did that ever hit the spot. I was about 3:00 when I called it a day and headed home. I think I fell asleep in front of the TV around 8:00.

Today I opted to stay in and get laundry done. A quite relaxing day. I do believe an early bedtime is in store for me. I just hope my week starts off on a good note tomorrow. Last week was too shaky for my tastes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{{Jane}}}
Love,
Momma