Sunday, August 30, 2015

Have you seen Jane?

I just never know how a week is gonna shake out. Will I fall into my hermit habits or get ants in my pants? Will the week seem to fly by or will it move slower than molasses in an arctic tundra?

The week involved all scenarios. My time at work was ridiculously slow, almost as if someone kept setting the clocks backwards throughout the day. Thankfully it wasn't overly stressful and led me to an ants in the pant evening of popping in on my brother and Laura.

I even got my own pop-in this week, or maybe the Iadipaolo's just brought the kiddos by to say hi to Sparky (that's at least what he thought). He was so excited, I thought he might explode (someday I might not be astounded by his enthusiasm.) It was quite nice to collect some hugs that evening.

I had a few lunches out with friends. You'd think that would help the day fly by, but it just led to me wanting to stay outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Even though the lunches are always to short, it's so very nice to catch up with Theresa and Stephanie.

The weekend started with seeing Moulin Rouge on the big screen with Laura. Such a great idea Laura came up with. Definitely a fantastic movie to see on the Giant Screen at the Riverfront Museum. Afterwards we caught up with Tom for some sushi at Happy Fish. The three of us left happy, happy, happy.

Today was a nice relaxing day where I did not turn my brain on. I headed over to Emack & Bolio's to attend Naomi and her husband's going away ice cream social. Probably would have helped if I had noted which location the gathering was at. I'm still shaking my head about that one. So great to see them before they make the official move to North Dakota.

Wish I had tallied the number of hugs I got this week, There would have been a huge spike in the line graph! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{{{Jane}}}
Here's one more hug!