Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Snow Day

Seeing the forecast Saturday night for around 9" of snow made me smile. I didn't have any plans Sunday, so it would be perfect to get outside and enjoy the fluffy white stuffs. When I woke up this morning, there was at least 5" already on the ground. 

Around noon I bundled up in a couple layers and headed outside to clear the driveway. I can only imagine what this member of the peanut gallery was thinking as I shoveled by way down the slushy, snow covered driveway.

When I made it around to the front of the house, I found the other half of the peanut gallery. Is he showing concern for my well-being in the cold, snowy weather, or befuddled as to why he didn't get to join me in the front yard.

My motivation for shoveling snow is the opportunity to make a snow angel before retreating inside to the warmth and hot beverage. The depth of the sticky, wet snow made it a bit difficult to carve out my angel this year, but under the circumstances, I think I did pretty good.

This is as clear as the drive gets. Over the years I've learned that clearing out the end of the driveway will eventually result in an icy dip that vehicles get stuck in. And sidewalk is a lost cause, as Trefzger's Bakery does a nice job piling their plowed snow on it. 


No comments: