Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 6 - Homeward Bound

Our wakeup call of 4:00am was less than pleasant. Sure it was really 6:00 Illinois time, but I was already accustomed to mountain time. We left before the sun rose on the palm trees outside the hotel...


...and before we could properly say goodbye to prickly cacti friends. Photo courtesy of Tom, who allegedly got lost on one of his morning runs.

Had we driven by Cubs Park, I'd like to think the marquee would have been lit and programmed to wish us safe travels. One can dream, right?

We returned the rental car and headed to our separate terminals. I got through security with an hour left before takeoff, so I watched TV and learned about haboobs on CNN. My 3.5 hour flight landed me safely in Atlanta only to find out my connecting flight was still in Chattanooga, TN. Let the waiting begin.

I made it back into Peoria around 6:00pm and headed over to the parents to pickup The Sparkster. I was treated to a wonderful family dinner before I made the final leg home. Apparently Jinkies was having a wonderful dinner too. He feigned hunger so much, the cat watcher fed him extra scopes of food. The buffet was still open when Sparky and I got home.

As always, Sparky was happy to see me and an overly purring Jinkies made his feelings be known.

No comments: