Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Sugarland, Now Baseball

So, yep, I'm going to be in Sugarland withdrawal for quite some time. Now I have to keep my eyes open for new concert tours... maybe by P!NK or the very awesome Little Big Town. We shall see!

I'm already starting to fall into baseball withdrawal. My last outings all ended in rain. Thank you Isaac!

Last outing - Normal Cornbelters with Tom and Jim

We were so hopeful this game would be played, since the corn crib has a astroturf type of playing surface. Unfortunately, Isaac brought in thunder and lighting, so the umps called the game before it even got started. We retreated to Dunlap to play a baseball card game, baseball themed washers, and catch a little bit of The Goonies on TV. Still a fun evening, but I wanted a night out at the ballpark with Tom and Jim.

Second to last outing - Peoria Chiefs Fan Appreciation Night
I was supposed to meet a few friends at the game, but this was another one that didn't have a single pitch thrown. I watched the warm-ups, end of the year player awards, and a heck of a lot of rain fall from the sky. The Chiefs did a good job drawing out the evening and milking the concession stands. I guess they needed adequate time to drawn the 5 names that would we $1,000 each. Nope, I was not so lucky.

Third to last outing/Final game - Normal Cornbelters with Jim and Theresa
So, this trip was actually successful and I got to chit-chat with one of my favorite Peoria Chiefs from 2011, Pierre LePage. It was fun to be the only three people in the entire ballpark rooting on the visiting team, the Florence Freedom. They even made it to the playoffs. I'll admit I was tempted to drive up north to root them on, but couldn't manage with the weekday games.

As most know, the Cubs are beyond out of it this season, but I do look forward to catching a few more games on TV before the season ends. It would have been nice to get to Wrigley this year, but it wasn't in the cards. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year. Good thing I'm used to that.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I thought the Freedom were from Florence, Kentucky, which is just south of Cincinnati?

I guess I have the wrong Florence.

Anonymous said...

Nice photo with Pierre! Momma