Monday, April 23, 2012

More LA Photo Fun


I'm a big fan of palm trees as long as they aren't in Peoria.


Here we are with Bugs outside of the Warner Brothers Store where we caught our VIP Tour.

I loved the VIP Tour and getting to hear about the behind the scenes "secrets" to filming TV and movies. Here's Sandra hitting the random mark we found in the street.


None of the outdoor sets had hardware on the doors because each show/movie brings in their own based on the time period they are filming. This shot also shows how this particular building is just a front and back, no rooms. But there are some crazy stairs, so the actors can get up to the second story windows/balconies.

NBC's Friends was taped on this lot and below is what they used for Central Park. I actually have the majority of the park in this frame. I regret that I took this photo, but did not jump off the tram to reenact Phoebe's run through Central Park.

Check it out: Here's a set of clips from Friends.


Here's the set from Friends Central Perk. Moved from it's sound stage, but setup exactly like the last episode.

We actually got to take a photo in front of a green screen. I find it amusing that the Miami Marlins have made a majority of their stadium a green screen.

So, this is after I dared Sandra to jump out of the car "Chinese Fire Drill" style to get the camera out of the trunk.

Will Smith... can't wait for MIB3

Sandra and her new BFF, Britney.

Hannibal Lecter, just a bit on the freaky side.

And of course, Miss Donna Summers. I might need to make little handouts of this. For those not familiar with the SNL sketch I'm referring to, ENJOY!

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

Classic Janers face in that last pic.
Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the SIMMER-DAHN-NAHW skit. Never saw it before, and it does make the Donna Summer joke a lot more humorous. Love, Mommmmmma
P.S. What's with the words I have to type in lately to leave a comment? I'm not a robot, and I can read English, but these words are stretched and misshapen to the maxxx. I'm just saying that I can't tell an s from a g, an a from a d or an m from an rn. YIKES. Why the heck do they have to make it so freaking impossible to leave a simple comment on a loved one's blog. Oh...one more thing--they used to just ask for a 6 or 7-letter word, but this encryption I have staring in my face tonight has 14 letters--yes, that's over a dozen mutated letters, and as I counted them, I had to stop and analyze if two of them were really one, or if one was really two. Good grief! Don't they have anything better to do than to make technology more cumbersome?!? I'm just going to try to sign off now--if I can "prove that I'm not a robot", and then I'm gonna sit in my recliner and try to simmer-down. :-)