Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mobile Titanic

Here's a photo of Mom and I from the Titanic Museum that was at Grande Prairie over the weekend.

It was fun to go through and I'm very thankful I got my hands on a VIP pass so we didn't have to wait in line for hours. The coolest pieces to see were ones actually from the ship... porthole, rivets and a piece of the hull. I felt rushed trying to read the different stories and facts they had posted on the walls, so I didn't retain much information. I'm totally going to have to hit the library and find a good book that tells more of the stories of the passengers.

Mom and I actually got Boarding Passes to enter the museum. These passes had names of actually people from the Titanic. Mom was a newly married young Ethel from Second Class that managed to get rescued with her husband. I was a 48 year old First Class Emil Brandeis that went down with the ship. I like to think that he was helping others escape the sinking ship.

1 comment:

Tim Trower said...

A very nice photo of the two of you in front of this photo. You might stop by Titanic Branson in Branson, Missouri -- there you can actually walk the Grand Staircase as well as leisurely look at and ponder the 400 relics and artifacts that are on display there. For more information, check out titanicbranson.com -- as a long time student of the Titanic, I can assure you that you will like it very much.

Tim Trower
Springfield, Mo.